Xibalba Hex: The Greedy Gold Dragon of the Weeping Wispy Willow


20 miles southeast of the Opal-Cutter's Outpost is the Weeping Wispy Willow. It marks the entrance to the Moonless Fen and bends over the blasted ruins of the Gold-Latticed Prison. One can see it some miles away, as this weeping willow bends hundreds upon hundreds of feet high, so high that clouds sometimes dip below and dance amongst its branches, naming it true.
In the tree rests the Greedy Gold Dragon. His horde threads the willow's roots. Sculptures finely painted and perfectly carved, calligraphy scrolls of high poetry, ceramics handmade by legend'd masters--these are what the Greedy Gold Dragon wishes for.
As one approaches, his head, bearded, slips down to greet his visitors. In a voice long and low he asks if any of them are artists. If they are, he will ask them what kind. If they tell him, he will ask them for a tithe in the form of their art. Present it, and should it make him weep--and the Greedy Gold Dragon is quick to cry over beauty--then you will be granted passage to the Gold-Latticed Prisons below, or the Moonless Fen beyond. Should his eyes remain dry, he will ask for another piece of art. And another. And another. Always more, until his greed turns into tearful appreciation.
If you present him no art but are an artist, he will be enraged. He will ask you once more, and tell you that if you do not bring art to his horde, that he will hang from his tree's branches the corpses of those you hold dear. Do not tempt him. The Greedy Gold Dragon is friends with the darklings in the Moonless Swamp. They will kill for him, to pay off their debt.
And if you are not an artist, then the Greedy Gold Dragon cares not for you. He will ask you to give him a sacrifice of flesh, or to bring him an artist, or to leave. If greed is not slated, then greed is not interested.
No photo description available.
From Old School Essentials

MONSTERS:
  • The Greedy Gold Dragon, a 12 HD gold dragon.
  • The Weeping Wispy Willow, an 8 HD ent and ally of the Greedy Gold Dragon.
  • 1d10 + 5 gargoyles, hidden as beautiful statues amongst the treasure horde.

TREASURE:
  • Roll 3 times for each category on Treasure Table H.
  • In addition to the above, Pathlost, a cursed -2 sword of lawful alignment. Pathlost has the ability of speech, and the tongues of Darklings, Mankind, and Demons. Pathlost also has an Ego of 12--creatures with Intelligence less then this will be taken over by it, and slaves to the sword. It speaks forlornly of tragedies that it has seen. Pathlost has the following three powers in addition to its curse:
    • Detect Evil: Hostile creatures within 10"* causes Pathlost to glow blue.
    • Detect Gold: Amounts of gold worth 500 or more coins within 10" causes Pathlost to glow gold.
    • Detect Halls: Hidden hallways within 1" causes Pathlost to hum.

Image result for bronze sword
Pathlost.

2 comments:

  1. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE SPELLS THAT WORKS I am sharing this testimony to partners suffering in their relationships because there is an enduring solution.
      My husband left me and our 2 kids for another woman for 3 years. I tried to be strong just for my kids but I could not control the pains that torment my heart. I was hurt and confused. I needed a help, so i did a research on the internet and came across a site where I saw that Dr. Ojoka a spell caster, can help get lovers back. I contacted him and he did a special prayer and spells for me. To my surprises, after some days, my husband came back home. That was how we reunited again and there was a lot of love, joy and peace in the family.
      You can as well contact Dr. Ojoka , a powerful spell-caster for solutions on his contact dr.ojokaspelltemple@gmail .com or directly on Whats App: +2348144172934  







































































      LOVE SPELLS THAT WORKS I am sharing this testimony to partners suffering in their relationships because there is an enduring solution.
      My husband left me and our 2 kids for another woman for 3 years. I tried to be strong just for my kids but I could not control the pains that torment my heart. I was hurt and confused. I needed a help, so i did a research on the internet and came across a site where I saw that Dr. Ojoka a spell caster, can help get lovers back. I contacted him and he did a special prayer and spells for me. To my surprises, after some days, my husband came back home. That was how we reunited again and there was a lot of love, joy and peace in the family.
      You can as well contact Dr. Ojoka , a powerful spell-caster for solutions on his contact dr.ojokaspelltemple@gmail .com or directly on Whats App: +2348144172934  

      Delete